Monday, March 30, 2009

SUPERCADE PART 2

Cade is taking the superhero thing a little far. I am laughing now, but at the time was a little stressed... ok a lot stressed. The Tuesday of our Spring Break, Cade was playing superheros, I think he was being superman. He wanted to rescue Cameron so he went into our hall bathroom and of course she followed. Before he left the bathroom he turned the light off and closed the door. He was then going to open the door and rescue his little sister. This would not have been such a big deal if the door had not been locked. Get the key... that would be too easy...we do not own a key for this particular door! So I call my husband after sticking everything from a bobby pin to a fork in the little hole. He tells me to take the door off the hinges. So all of the hammering and banging is making Cameron scream and cry like I have never heard her scream and cry before. I get one of the three hinges off and am feeling like this might work. The other two hinges won't budge. At this point I am thinking I am going to have to be that crazy mother who calls the police or the fire department because my son locked my baby in the bathroom. I decided to try one more thing before I make the call. I shoved a candy thermometer in the little hole and it worked! I never knew a candy thermeter could double as my mommy superhero tool.

1 comment:

  1. Holy cow that is hilarious!! Although I'm sure it was more "scary" than hilarious at the time. :)

    ReplyDelete