Saturday, December 12, 2009

Christmas Cookies

I have come to the realization that all of the food pictures you see in the magazines are just like the women you see in magazines....airbrushed! I wish I would have known this sooner. It all started when I saw this picture of these really cute Christmas tree cookies on the cover of a magazine. I thought oh I can make these, they will be easy and so cute...WRONG! They were not easy, not cute, and didn't even taste good! Sometimes at least if the food looks bad it still taste good, not the case here. Cooking or baking anything is very difficut at our house right now...so it going out to eat. Cameron likes to get right in between the cabinets and my legs and push (she wants me to pick her up) so here I am stiring or pouring something while being pushed away and trying to read directions at the same time. Also know that the phone is ringing and Cade needs me for something as well. This may be why the cookies didn't turn out because of all of the craziness going on. So my original thought of going home and baking Christmas cookies and eating them by the fire while my children behave so perfectly went out the window. This story does have a happy ending, yesterday I did find a new picture of a Santa Claus cookie (not from a magazine) and they turned out pretty yummy. It is still crazy trying while trying to bake, but at least with the Santa cookies the kids could help me. We ended up having a great time making the Santa cookies. I will try and post a picture in my next post....I can't do it now because we ate them all. :)Merry Christmas and Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment